Monday, September 19, 2011

A short poem.

6/8/97

What if I've lost her,
What if she flees,
All because I couldn't control me,
My love I wanted to show,
The love of a true, faithful friend,
Not the love of just any man,
As our bodies grew closer,
My hands moved slower,
Until she pulled back and exclaimed
I'm sorry, we must go
I could have loved her throughout the night,
I'd rather love her throughout life,
I'm sorry I pushed,
I didn't go slow,
Instead I followed my need to show,
the physical side,                                         
Now I feel as if I've lied,
If only I hadn't tried,
To show my physical side,
Now I've sat up all night,
Sat up and cried,
I knew she'd leave me if I lied,
And that's what I did,
When I crossed over and tried,
the physical side.

No comments:

Post a Comment